Hours 9:00am - Divine Liturgy 9:30am
New Metropolis of Pittsburgh Covid-19 Protocols
- For those who have been fully vaccinated – no masks or social distancing are required during parish worship or any indoor activity
- For those who have not been fully vaccinated – masks and social distancing are still required during parish worship or any indoor activity; social distancing areas will be provided
- If you are fully vaccinated you are still encouraged to wear a mask during worship services or any indoor activity
- We encourage that everyone abides by a “no judgement” position for both those who wear a mask and those who do not wear a mask – we are simply trying to protect all of our parishioners and visitors.
- This is not a final or definitive set of guidelines. We will continue to monitor and adapt accordingly as we move forward.
- Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Fr Alex
Please note: we are immediately discontinuing the Sign-up Genius system for reserving a seat at worship services! All are welcome to services.
For those unable to attend worship services in person, please view our services on our YouTube channel: Transfiguration Orthodox on YouTube
Matins on June 6 & 27
In place of the Hours, we will be offering the full Matins service beginning at 8:15am followed by Divine Liturgy at 9:30am. We continue to make this a twice monthly practice, expanding our liturgical exposure of the faith.
Text for Matins (June 6): https://www.agesinitiatives.com/dcs/public/dcs/p/s/2021/06/06/ma/en/se.m06.d06.ma.pdf
Text for Matins (June 27): https://www.agesinitiatives.com/dcs/public/dcs/p/s/2021/06/27/ma/en/se.m06.d27.ma.pdf
Either print text and bring to service or download to phone
A video series on different aspects of the Orthodox Christian faith will be offered virtually. Great for inquirers, catechumens, and especially those who were raised in the Church. Each video will be followed by a discussion and Q & A.
May 12 - The Early Church
May 19 - Venerating Icons and Three Things You Need to Know about the Bible
May 26 - Patristics and Church Fathers
June 2 - Does the Liturgy Need You? and Salvation in Christ
June 16 - Saints & Martyrs
Zoom invite for each week: https://goarch.zoom.us/j/93116092167
Advisory Board Meeting
June 8 at 6:30pm
Open to all!
Zoom invite: https://goarch.zoom.us/j/92789627289
June 9 Ascension of Jesus Christ
June 28 Sts. Peter & Paul
Transfiguration Sisterhood - June 10
Dinner and Mini-Golf
See Lindsey Yoder for more info
Liturgy & Picnic in the Park - July 11
Warwick Township – Municipal Pavilion
Location: 315 Clay Rd. Lititz, Pa 17543
Hours @ 9am / Liturgy at 9:30am / Lunch provided following liturgy
If you would like to sponsor the lunch meal, please see Diane Kostaris
A message from Father Alex:
Fathers of the 1st Council
Saints and Feasts Commemorated
Visit the Online Chapel for more daily readings, hymns, a monthly calendar of saints and feasts, and more.
Donate to Our Parish
Please consider a donation to the Transfiguration Orthodox Church to support our ministries and mission!
The Transfiguration Orthodox Church is an outreach ministry of the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church (Lancaster), and is under the jurisdiction of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America and the Metropolis of Pittsburgh.
The mission of the Transfiguration Orthodox Church is to foster the spiritual maturity of the Orthodox Christian faithful and reach out to inquirers in northern Lancaster County.